segunda-feira, 17 de outubro de 2005

New Play in LA

another break-up song
another break-up song
this one is mine
the most pathetic its kind
this one is for the girl who's left behind

another break-up song
you breath and sing alone
if you've heard this one before
love is there and then it's gone

(...)
she is moving on

and I'm still flipping in this fresh war

(...)
the door has been opened
you don't just shut it
you simply walk away
something is always gonna stay

(a try to write down) Another Break-up Song, from Lori Scarlett
in The Break-up Notebook


"On stage at the Center gala, while we all held in our tummies beneath our body shapers and enjoyed our traditional formal gala dinner of chicken and wild rice, we were treated to a preview of the rock musical, The Break Up Notebook, adapted from playwright Patricia Cotter's hilarious, poignant play about the emotional aftermath of a girl's divorce. When I saw the play two years ago, it struck a cord with me as I watched the leads, one played by Jane Lynch, known to most of us as the manipulative lawyer and seductress of pregnant Tina on The L Word, act out the histrionics, heartache and recovery following the two-and-a-half-year life cycle of a girl's relationship. The scenes were all too familiar to those in my own life, as I had just experienced my own romantic split, after two-and-a-half-years."

Nenhum comentário: